I figured since February is our D Anniversary month I would offer up a D related product for a giveaway. Up for this contest is the Contour USB Meter The Contour USB meter is one of the newer meters on the market.
Here is a bit more information on the product:
Q: What can I expect when I run GLUCOFACTS® DELUXE from my CONTOUR®USB meter for the first time?
A: CONTOUR® USB utilizes the autoplay feature in Windows to automatically start the GLUCOFACTS® DELUXE software. Click here if your GLUCOFACTS® DELUXE software does not automatically launch.
A: Your CONTOUR® USB meter contains two flash drives, “GLUCOFACTS” and “CONTOUR USB”. The “GLUCOFACTS” drive is reserved for use by GLUCOFACTS® DELUXE. Important: Do not alter or delete the files on the “GLUCOFACTS”drive.
A: GLUCOFACTS® DELUXE works with Java™ software, and will verify your version of Java. If needed, you will be directed to update your Java version. The latest version of Java can be downloaded at http://www.java.com or installed from the JAVA folder on the GLUCOFACTS drive. After updating Java, unplug your meter and reinsert it to re-start GLUCOFACTS® DELUXE .
Q: How can I get Bayer’s GLUCOFACTS® DELUXE diabetes management software to auto-play from my CONTOUR™ USB meter?
A: For XP™ users auto-play for this type of software is on by default. If it has been turned off you will need to modify your Group Policy or Registry Settings to enable auto-play. Please obtain IT support to enable auto-play. Changing Group Policy or Registry Settings should not be performed by someone without experience.
A: Vista™ users open the Start menu, choose Control Panel, select AutoPlay. Make sure the “Use AutoPlay for all media and devices” checkbox is selected and verify that the setting for software and games is “Install or run program”.
A: For Mac™ users GLUCOFACTS® DELUXE software must be launched from the computer desktop screen.
A: Windows® 7 users need to navigate to the GLUCOFACTS drive on the CONTOUR® USB meter and double click the “Glucofacts.bat” file to launch the GLUCOFACTS® DELUXE software. In order to provide you with better security and protection, Windows® 7 has changed how it auto starts applications on removable media, like your CONTOUR® USB meter.
Q: Why is it taking so long to launch Bayer’s GLUCOFACTS® DELUXE diabetes management software?
A: The first time Bayer’s CONTOUR® USB meter is inserted into a USB port several programs are loaded in order to use the USB storage. The loading speed varies by computer and could take up to a few minutes. Subsequent insertions should take less time to process.
Q: Can I run the software without using autoplay?
A: CONTOUR® USB utilizes the Auto Play feature in Windows to automatically start the GLUCOFACTS® DELUXE software. If auto play does not automatically start the software the following steps can be followed to manually start the program:
• Navigate to the GLUCOFACTS drive on the CONTOUR® USB meter.
• For Mac Users, locate and double click the “Glucofacts” application to launch the GLUCOFACTS® DELUXE software.
• For Windows Users, locate and double click the “Glucofacts.bat” file to launch the GLUCOFACTS® DELUXE software.
Rules of the Contest:
Leave me a comment before midnight on Thursday, February 10th. Please include your first name. Comments left without a name will be eliminated.
● To earn extra entries (post a separate comment for each):
● Tweet about this giveaway on Twitter. Then, leave me an additional comment.
● Share a link to this contest on Facebook. Then, leave me an additional
comment to let me know.
● Blog about this contest. Then, leave me an additional comment containing
a link to your blog.
● No duplicate comments are allowed. Duplicate comments will be eliminated.
● Winners will be selected via random draw at http://www.random.org/.
● Winners' names will be posted here on this blog on Friday,February 11th.
● After winners' names are posted, winners will have 48 hours to send a message to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If I do not hear from a winner within 48 hours, I will select a new winner.