Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Illness and Diabetes

 

I know I have discussed this before many times, but an illness of any kind and diabetes is a huge pain in the rear end. Clifford’s blood glucose numbers have been running higher the last 2 to 3 days 200s, 300s, 400s, no ketones, no site issues. It even was to the point he was corrected once at 12:30 then again at almost 4am, and he still woke up at 206! Not to mention after getting 4.3 units at breakfast (which is a high total for him) he was 421 2hrs after, no ketones, site was good. Corrected him because there was no way I was sending him to school with that #. I should mention the correction took place in the doctor’s office waiting room. Turns out Chad and I were right in that he has a sinus infection and probably is the culprit behind all these crazy highs. So antibiotic it is, which may make him run high too, there is no winning with an illness and D I tell you.

1 comment:

  1. Prayers for you and your family...Hope Clifford feels better soon!!

    ReplyDelete