Thursday, February 27, 2014

The Man Behind My Awesomeness



~*Your first love isn't always the first person you kiss, or the first person you date. Your first love is the person you will always compare everyone to. The person that you will never truly get over, even when you've convinced yourself you've moved on*~

As much as I would like to take credit for all the awesomeness I have, I simply cannot. What you have to understand is that all this awesomeness you see before you today has been a work in progress, from many many years ago. There was a boy 17 years ago now (Wow, that long ago) who captured my heart. In case you are sitting there trying to do the math, I was 14 years old! 

There were many years while we were apart that I wondered what he was doing, and if he was happy. There were also many nights that he would be back there with me in my dreams, then I would wake up to my reality. I had quite a few years that were not the best. My spirit, my hopes, my dreams, every part of me was beat down and felt like there was nothing better for me out there. It wasn't until 2010 that I realized what it meant to be truly happy, to actually be loved. When he came back into my life, it seemed like all those years apart never really happened. 

You remember how fun and exciting it was to have a sleep over at your best friends house when you were younger? Well I am lucky enough to do that every night, plus some bonuses ;). I am convinced that somehow he was personally created just for me. 

I am lucky enough to have my first and my last love all in one person. I am a better person because of him, and a better mother. When you find someone that you are meant to be with, they will bring out the greatness within you, and that is what I have found. I am very thankful day in and day out that we got the opportunity to have our 'second chance'. I may seem too optimistic for some people, and too corny when I say 'Dreams do come true' but I know it for a fact because mine came true when he came back.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment