Thursday, March 1, 2012

Hope is what we have!

Today, March 1st, 2012 is a Day for Hope around the Diabetes Online Community (DOC). When you live with a chronic illness, and invisible one at that it can get frustrating and overwhelming. The word "cure" has been thrown around for many, many years now when
others before were diagnosed. While it can get upsetting to see that today we do not have one yet, we don't give up, and have "HOPE".

I will be honest there are times I shrug my shoulders in defeat that we may never see one, but deep down I still have Hope that we will. When Clifford's bg#'s are on a roller coaster of a ride, I usually want to scream, but in it all I still have hope. I really don't think I could get through all this without it. When you have hope you see a light at the end of this long dark tunnel you travel through every day. If I didn't have hope I would feel as we/ he is stuck in this dark tunnel for the rest of his life, and that's just too depressing to think about.

I have hope that there is a greater reason that God chose my son and many other great children and adults to get this disease. There has to be, and that's why we have hope. We are closer today to a cure than we were yesterday. It's difficult enough to manage a disease that doesn't play by any rules to NOT have hope. You must stay positive and know there is a light at the end of the dark tunnel known as diabetes....

So if you are reading this, join me today by writing "HOPE" on your hand for those that you know and love suffering in that dark tunnel, for yourself, or just because you too have hope that those suffering will find their light.

2 comments:

  1. Hoping for a cure with you today and every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this :) I hope and pray for a cure also.
    Love and prayers!

    ReplyDelete